August 12 – November 15, 2013
8/12 - 8/25: Monteverde Cloud Forest and Spanish Language School
We’ll be staying with a Costa Rican family, having meals with them, and studying Spanish 4 hours a day in Monteverde.
- What is a cloud forest? Is it different than a rainforest?
- What types of animals live in the cloud forest, and where do they live?
- Why is a rainforest or cloud forest important to maintain?
- Is climate change having an impact on the cloud forest?
8/26 - 9/2: Manuel Antonio National Park
A coastal rainforest that is one of the most popular in Costa Rica. Among other things we’ll be doing a tour with Kids Saving the Rainforest
- What is the difference between this rainforest and the cloud forest we saw in Monteverde?
- What types of animals live here?
- What did kids do to help save the rainforest? And specifically, what did they do to help the monkeys?
- Is climate change having an impact on the rainforest?